Italian Wine – Taste the Passion educational course
The Italian Trade Agency just launched a series of educational courses for trade members. A world-class, intensive, immersion three-day course will be offered to professionals already in the industry (sommeliers, wine retailers, brand managers, and more) and will take place across the country in 10 major cities.
|1||NEW YORK CITY (NY)||May 14-16, 2019|
|2||CHICAGO (IL)||June 4-6, 2019|
|3||COLUMBUS (OH)||July 23-25, 2019|
|4||WASHINGTON DC||July 30- August 1, 2019|
|5||DENVER (CO)||September 17-19, 2019|
|6||MIAMI (FL)||September 23-25, 2019|
|7||LOS ANGELES (CA)||February 11-13, 2020|
|8||BOSTON (MA)||February 25-27, 2020|
These classes are the next step for the three-year marketing campaign, “Italian Wine ––Taste the Passion”, a multi-channel PR campaign with the goal of elevating the perception of the premium quality and diversity of Italian wines.
Each seminar will be led by notable industry experts, including Masters Sommeliers, Wine Directors and Importers.
To register your interest, please fill out this link.
- Regulations surrounding the production of Italian wine
- Commercial analysis of the wine industry in Italy
- Winemaking philosophies
- The positioning of Italian wine in the U.S.
- Wine tourism as a fundamental tool in the developing of the industry
- Historical and cultural references
- Climate and terroir
- Wine-growing areas
- Vital denominations and main vines
- Cult labels and ones to discover
- Food and wine pairing with international cuisines
Each day will end with a tasting.
- Valle d’Aosta, Piemonte e Liguria: Valle d’Aosta DOC, Barolo DOCG, Barbera d’Asti DOCG, Dogliani DOCG, Riviera Ligure di Ponente Pigato DOC
- Lombardia, Trentino e Alto Adige: Franciacorta DOCG, Trento DOC, Alto Adige DOC
- Veneto e Friuli-Venezia Giulia: Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG, Prosecco di Conegliano-Valdobbiadene DOCG, Collio DOC Friulano
- Toscana: Chianti Classico DOCG, Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, Bolgheri Sup. DOC
- Emilia-Romagna e Marche: Sangiovese di Romagna DOC, Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi DOC
- Umbria, Lazio, Abruzzo e Molise: Sagrantino di Montefalco DOCG, Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC, Cesanese del Piglio DOCG, Tintilia del Molise DOC
Southern Italy and the Islands
- Campania e Basilicata: Fiano di Avellino DOCG, Taurasi DOCG, Aglianico del Vulture DOC
- Puglia e Calabria: Primitivo di Manduria Doc, Salento IGT Negroamaro, Cirò DOC
- Sicilia e Sardegna: Sicilia DOC Nero d’Avola, Etna DOC, Cannonau di Sardegna DOC, Vermentino di Sardegna DOC
On the last day, attendees will take part in a certification exam, inclusive of a written test and wine tasting.